Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Hiking at Norris Dam State Park

Rocky Top, TN 
Sunday, September 3, 2023 

Took Frank and headed up to Norris Dam State Park in Rocky Top, TN to explore some new ground. Below I have the route we took to put together a loop hike. It was a very easy-going trail, the only thing I did not realize was that it is a bike trail as well. All the bikers were very considerate except for one that almost ran over Frank. Luckily, I heard him, but he gave no warning and after passing me started to come back over to the side and did not see Frank standing there.

- Click here to go to Norris Dam Trail Map -

Our Route: (Distances on Approximates) 

1. 

Christmas Fern Trail 

....................... 

0.25 Miles 

2. 

Tall Timbers Trail 

....................... 

0.35 Miles 

3. 

Lake View Trail 

....................... 

2.30 Miles 

4. 

Pawpaw Trail 

....................... 

0.70 Miles 

5. 

High Point Trail 

....................... 

2.40 Miles 

You could even extend this hike further by not taking Pawaw and continuing with Lake View around to Hight Point. I also saw a hike on AllTrails that if you go off trail a little bit you can link up with some trail in the Norris Watershed Area.  


It is a fun hike I would do it again with Frank, but it is not what I would call awe-inspiring or anything. I would like to go and kayak the area and Clinch River Brewing is close by as well.  


Story Links: 



No comments:

Abrams Falls & Rabbit Creek Loop

Trip Journal: Great Smoky Mountain National Park March 28 – 30, 2024  - Day One: Thursday March 28, 2024 -   I got off work at 16:00 and wen...