Friday, November 10, 2023

Surviving Carter Caves

AlexHauck.Com

Carter Caves State Park - Olive Hill, KY
July 21 - 23, 2023

Four friends start out on an epic three-day adventure that will take them to a sunken steamboat, rappelling off a natural bridge, hiking to three more natural bridges, and finally trying to concur the Bat Cave. However, as the trip progressed it became a struggle just for survival. This is the story of Surviving Carter Caves. 

Note - This was an outstanding trip and has been one of the harder video edits I have done since I was using multiple camera footage. It has taken a lot of time to get together and work has been especially busy, so it has taken me longer to get this all put together.  

I wanted to go ahead and get the videos up and a page to index them, however there is a lot of story I want to be able to tell and this one has a lot more research than just giving a summary of a trail. As time allows me, I will be updating this adventure blog, so check back for updates.  

Halls on the River & the Sunken Steamboat
July 21, 2023 – Winchester, KY 


Video: Surviving Carter Caves




No comments:

Abrams Falls & Rabbit Creek Loop

Trip Journal: Great Smoky Mountain National Park March 28 – 30, 2024  - Day One: Thursday March 28, 2024 -   I got off work at 16:00 and wen...