I have been drawn to watching the Food Network as of late and whether it is because my father used to watch it all the time or that there is just nothing else on I am not entirely sure. One night Mary Ellen and I were watching the show The Best Thing I Ever Ate and the topic of this episode was breakfast. The basic jest of the show is that they interview all the different chefs and hosts of the network on what was the best food they ever ate in a particular category. I forget which chef and what restaurant they had it at but the dish was this linguine and egg concoction that looked out of this world.
Since this was a restaurant and not one of their shows Food Network didn’t have the recipe listed on their website. Mary and I were able to write down the key ingredients though and I experimented from there to come up with something that was as good as it looked. Below is the recipe I came up with and I do have to brag just a little because it was my first try as well.
This is a very flavorful dish with the egg and garlic going perfectly with the linguine. It is very filling on its own and I would suggest serving with seasonal fruit for a side.
- ½ Ibs Linguine
- 6 Eggs
- 1 T Milk or Cream
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves Minced or Pressed
- ½ Cup Chopped Spinach
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Basil
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Cook Linguine per instructions rinse & drain.
- In a bowl beat eggs with milk or cream.
- In large skillet heat the extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic. Cook garlic until tender.
- Once garlic is tender add the eggs, chopped spinach, Parmesan, spices and linguine. Cook until eggs are done and then serve immediately.